fget - FTP client API and commandline utility
fget is a commandline tool for mirroring remote files via
FTP. It was designed as an analog to the GNU wget utility.
The fget package includes an FTP client library, so that
others can make use of FTP from within their own C programs.
- Download fget
- fget Features
- fget Mailing List
The current version of fget is fget-1.3.3.
The fget source code is available from:
Binaries of fget are available as Encap packages for
a variety of platforms.
There is also a contrib
directory, which includes unsupported code contributed by fget
fget offers the following features:
- Small and fast.
- Remote directory caching built into the FTP client library.
- API designed to resemble the normal UNIX API for accessing files and
directories, so it's very easy to use.
fget Mailing List
To subscribe to the fget mailing list, you can go to the
following web page:
The fget mailing list has a number of uses:
- Announcing new versions of fget.
- Submitting bug reports on fget.
- Discussing ideas for new features of fget.
- Questions about the fget program or API.
Mark D. Roth <firstname.lastname@example.org>